BOX SCORE (PDF)
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. –
The Samford women’s basketball team fell at home to Tennessee Tech, 72-57 Sunday afternoon in the Pete Hanna Center.
With the loss, Samford falls to 1-6 on the season. Tennessee Tech improves to 3-2 with the win.
FROM THE BOX SCORE
- Natalie Armstrong led Samford with a career-high 27 points, to go along with her eight rebounds.
- Sarah Myers scored 12 points for the Bulldogs.
- Tennessee Tech’s Kesha Brady led all scorers with 33 points.
- Tennessee Tech jumped out to a 12-6 lead with 6:03 to go in the first quarter after a layup by Brady.
- Samford answered with a 7-0 run to take a 13-12 lead after a jumper by Armstrong at the 4:16 mark in the first period.
- With the score tied at 20-20, TTU’s Anacia Wilkinson hit a layup with two seconds left in the first quarter and the Golden Eagles led, 22-20 at the end of the first period.
- Tennessee Tech pushed its lead to 26-20 with 8:54 left in the second quarter.
- Samford came back to take a 29-28 lead with 3:24 left in the period after a put-back by Samantha Fitzgerald.
- Back-to-back Tennessee Tech three-pointers gave the Golden Eagles a 34-29 lead, and TTU took a 36-33 lead into the locker room at halftime.
- In the third quarter, Tennessee Tech led by as many as 12 points at 51-39.
- Samford scored the final five points of the quarter on a three-pointer by Myers and a jumper by Katie Allen to cut the lead to 51-44 going into the final period.
- TTU pushed its lead to 14 points at 59-45 with 6:51 left in the game.
- Samford cut the lead back to eight points at 61-53 with 3:17 to go after a layup by Armstrong.
- The Bulldogs, however, could get no closer as TTU closed with a 72-57 win.
- Samford will play at North Alabama Wednesday, Nov. 27, at 11 a.m. The game can be seen live on ESPN+.