Even with a smaller smartphone budget, you don’t have to do without much in the Android world. In our selection, no cell phone offers less than Android 8.1 “Oreo”, sometimes it is enough for the almost current Android 9 “Pie”. Some models even promise an update to Android 10. The advantages: Old and widespread security gaps are closed and you can enjoy new functions.
Biggest weakness: performance
In terms of hardware, too, the cell phones hardly have any major weaknesses below 150 euros. They completely meet the basic requirements. You have to cut back in this price range, particularly in terms of display and computing power:
- The displays are huge at over 6 inches, but the resolution often doesn’t keep pace. As a result, the pixel density is usually just under 300 ppi. More expensive cell phones often produce sharper images. However, there can be no question of “out of focus”.
- Processors and graphics units are sufficient for average demands, but they are weak for performance-hungry games.
The weak point of most smartphones up to 150 euros is their low internal memory. Many models now bring 32 gigabytes with them. After deducting Android, only about 22 gigabytes are left for the user. After all, the storage space on most devices can be expanded using an SD card. In terms of workmanship and design, the cheap cell phones are getting better and better.
Top 10: The best smartphones under 150 euros
- Motorola Moto G7 Play: Satisfactory (368 points) – available here
- Huawei P Smart (2019): Satisfactory (363 points) – available here
- Wiko View 3: Satisfactory (363 points) – available here
- Huawei Y7 (2019): Satisfactory (362 points) – available here
- Nokia 5.1 Plus: Satisfactory (352 points) – available here
- Huawei Y6 (2019): Satisfactory (349 points) – available here
- Motorola Moto G6: Satisfactory (348 points) – available here
- Wiko View 2 Go: Satisfactory (344 points) – available here
- Motorola Moto G6 Play: Satisfactory (342 points) – available here
- Wiko View 3 Lite: Satisfactory (341 points) – available here
In the following gallery we present the ten best smartphones up to 150 euros in more detail.