Developer Digital Continue has announced and released SuperMash, a new game where players can mix together elements from two-to-six classic genres to create unique gaming experiences. It is available now for PC via the Epic Games Store for $24.99, and is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch in 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via Digital Continue:
In SuperMash, no person will play the same game (called a Mash) twice. One Mash might send them on a Stealth rescue mission as a bouncy Platformer character, while the next one will require them to fight a JRPG boss in the middle of a top-down action-adventure dungeon. It sources art and design elements from each genre to make these experiences one-of-a-kind.
- Six game genres for players to blend together: Metrovania, shoot ‘em up, stealth, platformer, JRPG, and action-adventure. More to be revealed in 2020!
- Unlockable Dev Cards, which can be used to further customize Mashes.
- Glitches in each Mash to change how the game is played.
- One-of-a-kind codes for Mashes so players can share them with each other, as well as the ability to save Mashes to play them again in the future.
- A story mode campaign where players can save a video game store from a nefarious threat.
Watch the announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.