- Apple has included an advanced settings menu that allows deeper customization of the AirPods Pro
- This menu allows users to adjust squeeze speed and hold duration
- This menu is accessible via Settings > Accessibility > AirPods
Apple’s AirPods Pro are undoubtedly one of the best audio accessories in the market today. Those who own iPhones, iPads and Macs should definitely get them in order to enjoy the conveniences and great sound quality they offer.
Those who own a pair of AirPods Pro should’ve known how to customize them by now, because that’s easy to do. All users need to do is connect their AirPods Pro to their iPhone (or other Apple device), find them in the list of connected Bluetooth devices, then tap on the “i” button next to the AirPods Pro to call a list of settings. Very easy, right?
Not a lot of users, however, know that Apple has included some advanced customization settings for the AirPods Pro. These settings, as per Cult of Mac, allow users to shorten or lengthen the amount of time they need to squeeze the AirPods Pro to control music playback; or adjust the double-squeeze speed needed to skip to the next track.
Here’s how to access advanced AirPods Pro customization settings using the iPhone.
- First, simply go to Settings, then to Accessibility. This sub-menu, which was originally meant to help users with difficulties so they can use their Apple handset, is where AirPods Pro advanced customization is done.
- Next, after tapping on Accessibility, users will need to tap on AirPods.
Once inside the AirPods settings, users will see three sections: “press speed,” “press and hold duration,” and “noise control.” The adjustments will be done on the first two sections only.
Under press speed, users will be able to adjust the speed required to press on the AirPods Pro twice or thrice. Users can set it to Default (which, as the name implies, is the unadjusted speed), Slow, and Slowest. Those who want to take things slow when making double-squeezes should simply opt for Slow or Slowest.
Under press and hold duration, users will be able to adjust the length of time they need to squeeze and hold the AirPods Pro before Siri starts listening for queries, or before switching noise-canceling modes. They can set it to Default, Short or Shorter. Setting it to shorter allows users to call Siri or switch from ANC to Transparency mode fastest.